Tuesday, January 7, 2014
KVPY (Selection & Cut off)
Introduction : The "Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana" is an ongoing program conducted by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, to encourage students of Basic Sciences, Engineering and Medicine to take up research careers in these areas.
Streams : (A) SA - XI
(B) SB + 2 (SX) - XII
(C) SB - 1st Year
Selection Procedure :- The candidates have to go through the 2 stages to be selected in KVPY
(I) Aptitude Test : A written aptitude test conducted both in Hindi and English at different centers across the country .
(ii) Interview : Based on the performance in the aptitude test, short-
listed students will be invited for an interview which is the final stage of the selection procedure.
Note :- The merit list is based on the marks obtained by a Candidate: 75% of the marks in the Aptitude Test + 25% of the marks in the Interview.
No. of selections in test:
SA - Around 1100
SB - Around 100
SX - Around 1700
Approx 3000 students are called for an interview, which is the final stage of the selection procedure , in which around 500 students are selected and are awarded scholarship worth Rs.2,000 to 5,000 per month besides contingency grants for studies in Basic Sciences, Engineering & Medical.
Cut-off for Aptitude test - 2013
* Stream SA- 53 marks out of 100 ; 41 for SC/ST
* PWD(Person with disability) – 41 marks out of 100
* Stream SB- 40 marks out of 100 ; 30 for SC/ST
* SB PWD(Person with disability) – 27 marks out of 100
* Stream SX- 46 marks out of 100 ; - 35 for SX SC/ST
* SX PWD (Person with disability) – 35 marks out of 100
Cut - off for Fellowship award - 2012
The cut off marks for different streams are as under:
* Stream SA‐ 65 % ; 42% for SC/ST
* Stream SB‐ 56 % ; 32% for SC/ST
* Stream SX‐ 56 % ; 41% for SC/ST
Cut - off for Fellowship award - 2011
The cut off marks for different streams are as under :
* Stream SA - 66%
* Stream SB - 58%
* Stream SX - 59%